Hello and welcome to SpaceRex!
SpaceRex was founded in December of 2019, first as a youtube channel with video tutorials focusing on Synology and Raspberry Pi. In 2020, it expanded to include this website, which is a hub for SpaceRex and a place to host tutorials in other formats.
Tutorials of various types are the basis for SpaceRex content, and currently tutorials are divided primarily between RaspberryPi Tutorials and Synology NAS tutorials.
RaspberryPi’s are phenomenal computers for but learning programing and also home automation tasks. Because they are so cheap and low powered they can be used and abused to do almost anything. I personally learned programing in high school by using RaspberryPi’s to create and control various robotics projects.
Synology NAS Tutorials
Synology builds some of the best consumer / enterprise NAS units from a usability standpoint. DSM, Synology’s web interface, provides the most intuitive interface of any NAS/SAN environment. Synology provides users with a simple solution to data management which is key in this day and age.
Have a suggestion for a tutorial?
We have moved video recommendations to the SpaceRex forums. Just add a new topic as described here
- Create a WordPress Website on RaspberryPi at Home!WordPress websites makeup ~1/3 of the internet (including SpaceRex.co), they are incredibly easy to setup, and even better they are FREE! This tutorial covers how to setup and host your own WordPress website on a RaspberryPi at home! This is not only a great way to learn how websites work, but it can also be used as a dev site, allowing you to test things without breaking your main site.
- How to Update Custom Google Domain Name with Synology DDNS ServerDynamic DNS, or DDNS, is an easy way to maintain an up-to-date address on the internet, even if you do not have a static IP…
- How to Expand RAID Pool on Synology NASWhen using a RAID / SHR on Synology NAS, you do not have to fill all of your drive bays at the same time. Instead…
- How to Self-Host Git Server on RaspberryPiGit is an awesome tool for version controlling code that you write. While you can use git locally, to get the full benefit you want to use a git server. In this tutorial we are going to go over how to easily setup your own self hosted git server on RaspberryPi. This can even be used to allow your friends to also work on the codebase remotely by setting up a VPN server on the same RaspberryPi hosting the git server.
- Set Hostname on Synology NASA hostname is a unique name that you can set to your NAS which in a lot of ways can be used in place of an IP address when on your network. This can save a ton of headache both by giving your device an easy to remember name, and by allowing you have a consistent address on your network without having to set a static IP address.
- Static IP Address on Synology NAS | Setup TutorialSetting a Static IP Address for allows for your NAS to always have the same IP address on your network. This alleviates the headache of having to find what the new IP address of your NAS is should it reboot for when you want to connect to it from your computer.